Thursday, December 6, 2007

2008 Grammy nominations



I have never been a huge fan of the Grammys however after nominations were released for the 2008 edition of the awards, I was impressed. Here are some of the highlights of those nominations:

Record of the Year

The Pretender - The Foo Fighters
Rehab - Amy Winehouse

Album of the Year

Graduation by Kanye West
Back to Black by Amy Winehouse
Echos, Silence, Patience, and Grace by The Foo Fighters

Best New Artist

Paramore
Amy Winehouse
Feist

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

1, 2, 3, 4 by Feist
Rehab by Amy Winehouse

Some other highlights on the list include some surprises like the Beastie Boys; they got nods for Best Instrumental Performance and Album. Justice also got the nomination for Best Dance Recording and Album which I hope they win.

It's a tough list but I say fuck all the haters and I would personally say Amy Winehouse should win all the mentioned categories minus Best New Artist who should go to Feist (by the way she also was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album). Kanye's album was good but not nearly as catchy or creative as past releases and to be honest I really can't say much about the Foo Fighters because I have not had the chance to listen to their latest release yet.

Now if only they choose better performers than past years I might actually make it through the entire ceremony.

No comments: